It’s supposed to be a long weekend-holiday-vacation til Tuesday, August 18, 2012. But not for me and the rest of my colleagues at work. These are the moments when I usually exclaim: I HATE MY JOB!!!! Sometimes I pity my car because it serves as my shock-absorber from my usual rants just like last night and today, misbehaving and loneliness. But I also consider it as my best friend and a shoulder to cry on 🙂
I work as a Junior Sales and Marketing Associate in one of the premium, leading Italian Designer furniture brands from Italy. We are the only distributor of the brand here in the Philippines. Italian Designer Furniture because all the pieces are designed by different world-renowned designers, architects and sculptors which makes the pieces an iconic work of art. Premium because our products are ridiculously expensive for normal people such as myself. For example, an L-shaped sofa composition costs around 2 Million Pesos. Ohhh yeeaaahhhh!!! 🙂
My workplace is a one hour drive from Novaliches but considering the heavy traffic of Metro Manila, I typically leave the house two hours prior to my work time. Crazy, I know! And because our office is a showroom, our clients usually take advantage of this vacation to visit us in case they are furnishing their homes. So it really sucks because when all the people of Metro are having their vacation-galore somewhere along the beaches of Batangas or exploring ancient churches in Cebu, we are stuck here in Ortigas just like an ordinary day.
I have a LOT of pending stuffs to do but my heart is just not in it at the moment 😦 Let me show you my wonderful workplace:
- My desktop shows the residential plan of our VVVVIP client that I’m currently working on. My job requires me to be a multi-tasker. We would propose our furniture to the clients and present them in AutoCad file or SketchUp with a quotation and stuff. Plus I’m also the one handling our marketing plans for advertisements and events.
- These are the “few” of my files. The file case bears some contracts, paperworks etc.
- Each year we expand, and right now we’re handling 4 premium brands from Italy and these are my reference, catalogs, and pricelist from each brands that we always propose to our clients.
- I always forgot my journal/planner (a.k.a. diary lol) at home so I always have a scrap of paper in my desk and ready to be jotted down.
- Atop my CPU are the high-society magazines which I study and put our advertisements on. The first ad material I ever created will be included in the next issue of Tatler Homes Magazine 🙂 I’m so freakin’ proud of myself! haha (yes, I also do our ad materials! Whatta multi-tasker right?? hahaha)
- My compact drawers full of office supplies. Not quite interesting haha
- I stand 5’5″ tall but it’s seldom that you’d see me wearing flats 🙂 I fancy towering over people hehe That’s my 5-inch wedge under the table.
Hmmm… As I’m looking at this picture, I noticed my CPU acquires too much space in my desk. I’m thinking on placing it underneath my desk so my station will look more spacious. That’s my external drive where I store all my playlist and movies (ooops!) haha
This is my stress-reliever and brain-storming-device! From McDonald’s Happy Meal. My favorite aviator shades, a gift from Kev.
BUSTED! hahaha I’m just another girl who fell head over heels for Christian Grey. I’m halfway from finishing the book, and I try to squeeze reading and blogging despite my busy schedule.
Since I’m in charge with the Marketing, I always keep track of the latest placements and products of our competitors and I put some markers on them. In short, I’m stalking! Nah, kidding 🙂
There’s my big water jug. Even when you’re mostly sitting in your workplace, it’s still exhausting and fluid-draining! That’s why I always have water in my desk or coffee. You notice my post-it in the screen that’s because I need constant reminder on what my priorities are for the coming weeks or the number from our different transactions locally or abroad. My mobile phone is always with me because my life and work depends on it! haha And my unfinished merienda, Knick Knacks cracker 🙂
So there! My very “organized” work station.
Cheers to the jobs that seldom suck but pay the bills!